Monday, April 16, 2012

Who We Are:

We, the founders of this blog, the Facebook page by the same name and the group, IBD TIE (Treatment Information Exchange), are composed of a doctor and three patients that have a vision. What is our vision? We hope to create a place where information can be shared, exchanged and viewed by anyone who may be affected by IBD and seeking information. Isn't there already a ton of stuff out there on the web? Why should I read your blog or go to your Facebook page? Well, because actually there isn't a ton of stuff out there on the web about a LOT of really good, albeit unconventional, treatment options. Ever heard of Paleo, Fasting, Anti-map treatment, or LDN for treating IBD? If even one of those items listed is something new to you than you can learn something.

Dr. Joseph Brasco of the Huntsville Center for Colon and Digestive Disease and coauthor of several books, including, "Restoring Your Digestive Health," is the brains behind our operation. He is the man that researches and tests and successfully implements so many treatments that other doctors haven't even heard of, wouldn't care to learn about, much less attempt with any of their patients. We three patients were all worn down by many unsuccessful attempts to control our disease with numerous conventional treatments and were at the end of our rapidly fraying ropes when Dr. Brasco successfully put all of us into remission using various treatment options. We have all used different but effective means for controlling our diseases. After years of illness, multiple surgeries for some of us, countless hospitalizations, and more failed medications than we'd care to remember  you can imagine how passionate we now are to share about the treatments that have worked to restore our quality of life in hopes that it will aid someone else who is suffering.

-Lori 

1 comment:

  1. I love your view and motivation behind your blog. I'm in total agreement with your way of thinking.
    I am disgusted all the mainstream treatments that doctor's suggest, always going straight to the most dangerous and most expensive.. biologic bullsh*t (it's garbage that just keeps people alive in my opinion).

    I'm obsessive when it comes to researching to find the most up to date treatments.... SAFE treatments. I refuse to put toxic trash in my body. I'm trying to get better from Crohn's. If the Crohn's doesn't kill me, then the medication and all the terrible treatments will.
    I found a doctor to prescribe LDN however it's either the naltrexone or the fillers that cause intestinal irritation that leads to a flare. I've tried 2 kinds of fillers and the result is the same, so im thinking it's the drug : ( My last chance at trying LDN is to get the transdermal kind so it bypasses the digestive sys.
    I've heard/tried all the diets SCD, Paleo, GAPS (my favorite... because it works to heal the intestines and the doctor who created the diet is brilliant)
    My goal right now is to get tested for the MAP bacteria. I certainly believe that SOMETHING *bacteria* is causing my body to have this inflammation. My body is trying to fight something off... My immune system didn't just break one day. The term autoimmune disease is just the term doctors use when they have no effing idea what's causing the inflammation. The idea that my body is attacking itself, w/out something causing this response isn't even logical.
    Anyway, UCF has found a way to detect pathogens through hMRS (hybridizing magnetic relaxation nanosensors). They successfully were able to detect hard to find bacteria and viruses, one of them being MAP. I think that's fabulous... getting to the root of the problem. Do you know about this kind of testing at all?
    I really want to get rid of this Crohn's and get better... like not just remission better. Like cured!

    I have a blog that is dedicated to Crohn;s disease and digestive issues/new research and treatments ect. Check it out and follow me. We can learn from each other like you said above :)
    Best health & happiness,
    Amy

    ReplyDelete